Thirty cable common problem knowledge popularization（1）
August 14, 2023
1. What are the types of commonly used wires and cables according to their uses?
Answer: According to the purpose, it can be divided into bare wires, insulated wires, heat-resistant wires, shielded wires, power cables, control cables, communication cables, radio frequency cables, etc.
2. What kinds of insulated wires are there?
Answer: Common insulated wires are as follows: PVC insulated wire, PVC insulated flexible wire, nitrile polyvinyl chloride mixture insulated flexible wire, rubber insulated wire, agricultural underground direct buried aluminum core plastic insulated wire, rubber insulated cotton yarn Textile flexible wires, PVC insulated nylon sheathed wires, PVC insulated flexible wires for electricity and lighting, etc.
3. What are the cable accessories?
Answer: Commonly used electrical accessories include cable terminal junction boxes, cable intermediate junction boxes, connecting pipes and terminals, steel plate junction slots, cable trays, etc.
4. What is the cable intermediate joint?
Answer: The device that connects the conductor, insulation shielding layer and protective layer of the cable to the cable to connect the cable line is called the cable intermediate joint.
5. What aspects should be considered when selecting the cross section of the power cable?
Answer: The following aspects should be considered:
(1) The working current that the cable is allowed to pass through for a long time;
(2) thermal stability in case of short circuit;
(3) The voltage drop on the line cannot exceed the allowable working range.